[orca-list] Accessibility in Antergos

Paulina Gajoch-2
Hello,

I'm going to change my system. I am on Ubuntu and I think about Antergos.

Are you using this distribution? Has anyone some suggestions? Are there
problem with WiFi?

Greetings,

Paulina

Re: [orca-list] Accessibility in Antergos

Kyle-2
No more problems with Antergos accessibility than with Arch itself,
since Antergos is based on Arch Linux. This means that you will have a
newer accessibility stack than what ships with Ubuntu, although the
latest Ubuntu should be fairly close, since it's only about a month and
a half old. The main concern is of course the installer, which had
unlabeled buttons the last time I tried it, although it's always
possible this has been fixed. In any case, alt+f was the keyboard
shortcut I used to move forward once I had filled in each window with
the correct information.

For wifi, the latest GNOME should work fine, and the latest MATE just
needs the NetworkManager applet, which I believe installs wpa_supplicant
along with the rest of NetworkManager. Most of MATE's top panel problems
have been fixed now, so that you can just press alt+shift+tab to focus
the top panel, tab a few times until you hear "no network connection"
and press the space bar or the enter key to bring up the menu, from
which you can just select the wifi network you want. If a password is
required, the window asking for it will pop right up. Most of this
should be similar to what you're already familiar with using Ubuntu,
it's just slightly newer, and will be kept updated on a rolling release
schedule, meaning that you just update the system periodically and you
get the newest versions of the available software. Hope it helps.
~Kyle